It's this level of interaction that I love, and it's a big reason why I love Instagram.
Find me there as @canaryknits
I know there's so many options out there for your social media delectation. But I want to do my best to convince you to join Instagram if you haven't already. I'm pretty big into it. I post at least once a day.
It's awesome because
- many of us crafty people enjoy the visual, and Instagram does that very, very well
- it's easy to show you like something! Just click the heart!
- it's simple to interact with people: just leave a comment on their photo
- you can hear news and keep up to date with your favourite people
- it's a wonderful way to relax and "be" with other people from the comfort of your own sofa of an evening
- hashtags give a great sense of community
- you don't have to post your own photos to join (I know that's not everyone's thing)
- you don't need a fancy camera! You'd be amazed at how great simple phone pics can be
- I find it helps you to realize how visually stimulating your day-to-day life is; you get to "see" it through other people's eyes
How to find people to follow
- check out your favourite people/yarn company/etc website; they might have a handy link to their Instagram account right there on the front page
- search through those people's following feed
- have a peek at different hashtags; some popular knitting related ones are:#knittersofinstagram, #instarav, #instaknit, #knitlove