For my contribution to this blog tour, I'd like to show you my own, personal, happy, second sample for me me me of Hawt Sands.
Many modifications happened for this sweater. For a few reasons:
1) This cotton is THE cotton I had in stash. Must knit from stash!
2) And while I already owned this cotton, I didn't own it in the proper amount for the main colour.
3) The seahorse is nowhere to be seen because I altered this puppy to be knit in the round. I feared the running-out-of-yarn, and somehow working it in the round made more sense in this perilous situation.
4) I did end up running out of yarn, right a the tip-top of the hood. So the hood's smaller than it's supposed to be.
5) I wanted to see it in some different colours, and thought ya'll might like to as well!
I have fantasies that one day it'll be so warm that this cotton pullover will make sense as a wardrobe option. Right now it's the vehicle for my maybe-spring-soon dreams.
Follow the rest of the blog tour! There's some giveaways too; you know you can't say no to giveaways!
April 7: Collection Launch
April 8: The Sweatshop of Love Blog
April 9: ModKnits Yarn Blog
April 10: Skeinny Dipping Yarn
April 11: Kirsten Singer
April 15: Canary Knits
April 16: Baah Yarns
April 17: Knitter’s Pride Blog
April 18: DovieJay Knits
April 22: Mari Knits
April 23: Magical Grammar
April 24: Knit York City
April 25: Under the Red Umbrella